Issue with adding extensions

Hi all,

I am trying to add CleanUp3 from the Sketchup 2018 Extension Warehouse and I installed it, though it won’t show me where it loaded to. I then go to my extension manager and it shows up as installed. It is also showing up as installed under my Extension Warehouse profile. Now when I go to my extension drop down menu, it will not show any extensions besides my rendering software. So I go to my preferences, and there is not even an option for extensions. I’ve tried downloading from the Extension Warehouse via Google Chrome and seeing where it downloads to and moving it from my downloads folder into my SketchUp 2018 folder (folder name ShippedExtensions) and installing it and clicking on the RBZ file but no such luck. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get my extensions to either show up as icon tools or when I click on my extension drop down menu to have them show up? Thanks for your help in advance!

Did you install the tt_lib file too? If you read the page for CleanUp 3, you will see tt_lib is also required.

Yes, but I cannot see where the file goes when I install it via Sketchup Extension Warehouse. If I install via Google Chrome, it’ll show up in my downloads folder and then I manually move it to where my other extension is.

Why not do it the easy way? In SketchUp, go to Window>Extension Warehouse. Navigate to the extension and click Install. Simply dragging the RBZ file into a folder does not install it.

And what location have you been using to place those files manually?

I’ve done that already and it shows that is installed via extension warehouse as well as in my extension manager, but it is not showing up under my extensions drop down menu or when I go under window>preferences, there is no option for extensions. The file name is ShippedExtensions.

That’s not the correct location to put any extensions you download. Go back to that directory and remove anything you put in it.

Did you installed both CleanUp3 and tt_lib using from Window>Extension Warehouse? Did you try closing SketchUp and restarting it?

Out of curiosity, when you installed SketchUp, did you install it correctly by right clicking on the installer exe file and selecting Run as administrator? If you just double clicked on the installer to start it, SketchUp did not install correctly.

Yes to both.

Is there a correct location to put them? There is no plugin folder when the software updated.

Yes. There is a correct place to install them and the Plugins folder was created when SketchUp was installed. The correct location is in User/App Data/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/

Again, just dropping an RBZ file into the plugins folder does not install it. If you want to install from the downloaded RBZ files, go to Window>Extension Manager and click Install Extension. Navigate to the Download folder which is where you should have saved the downloaded RBZ files. Select the file, open it and click Yes.

I just did that and there is still no change with the extensions not being in the drop down menu or even having an extension option under preferences.

Did what?

There isn’t supposed to be an Extension option in Preferences.

If you want to install from the downloaded RBZ files, go to Window>Extension Manager and click Install Extension. Navigate to the Download folder which is where you should have saved the downloaded RBZ files. Select the file, open it and click Yes.

I think it’s time for you to start over from scratch. Uninstall SketchUp 2018 and use something like Ccleaner to clean the Registry. Also find the SketchUp 2018 folder in User/App Data/Roaming and delete it. Then find the installer exe and install SketchUp correctly by right clicking on it and selecting Run as administrator. Note: use your normal login for Windows.

After you’ve reinstalled SketchUp, re-enter your license info. Then go to Window>Extension Warehouse and first install tt_lib. Then use the same procedure to install CleanUp3.

In v.17, under window>preferences, there was an option for extensions.

Thanks DaveR. I’ll let our IT guy know and let you know if it works. Thanks for all your advice.

No. There wasn’t. Just as in SU2018, Extensions was moved out of Preferences and replaced with Extension Manager.

Screenshot%20-%202_21_2018%20%2C%203_25_51%20PM

Please make sure your IT person knows to follow the correct installation procedure. And SketchUp should be installed under your username.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.