Is possible call Two Child archives in the same Time? XML question

hello everybody

can I call a chilld DC multiple times, or call different DC in the same time by XML codes?

This is my sittuation:
-I use the xml to get an “Aggregate” in directory library, and the DC selected is allocate inside main DC (parent!)

-but if I create so many “modules”, this increases in FILE SIZE (Because many of this DC are created with the same DC inside - MDF)

-my ideia is create by code how is allocated the same piece, like in shell example that is using the the same MDF, but in different angle (90) and size

• and when I selected “EXAMPLE”, I would like that

is possible put “FILE” and “FILE2” in attribute of child and put different Properties to each one? (like “Properties1” and “Properties2”

Are you using an inspector to look at the instance and definition dynamic dictionaries ?

The definition has all the default dynamic attributes. If an instance (copy) has individual values that differ, then these values will be saved in the instance’s dynamic attributes. But, nested dynamic groups always have all dynamic attributes attached to the dynamic group instance.

1 Like

Hi @DanRathbun

I’ll install the @Aerilius Extension soon.
For now, I’m just using de XML Notepad.

The definition has all the default dynamic attributes. If an instance (copy) has individual values that differ, then these values will be saved in the instance’s dynamic attributes. But, nested dynamic groups always have all dynamic attributes attached to the dynamic group instance.

I don’t know if we talking the same thing. My english is not the best :sweat_smile:

I don’nt wanna call by XML nested DC (creating the pack with multiple DC in the correct place and save this “pack” in my library). This aready occours in this moment.

I’m having problems with this, because the Extension I’m using in my job is based in suplychain. has a certain bureaucracy, because it needs to register all elements i’m creating and some times this don’t work well.

My solution for now, is using existing DC’s of library and change values by XML,not to involve other sectors in this company and change something.

This is why Im trying create this “Pack” of the same DC, without create another one and save, wasting disk space. Creating by XML would be better, using the same object,in different modules with different characteristics

I am not familiar with your XML / Supplychain workflow and I cannot help you further. I was just giving you some basic fundamental information on how DCs are organized.

1 Like

thank you so much!

your experience is very important :slight_smile: