Is my computer not good enough to render?

Also, test to render at 1K (not 3K), and as ‘clay’ (turn on Material override).

1 Like

This process would be done the same way on the Mac correct?

Just removed all the grass and it’s rendering just as fast as before. Just rendered the image at 1k in 31sec.

1 Like

Thank you all for the help. I hope I can do the same for you one day!

I checked your file, I put vegetation, people and furniture on different tags. There are a lot of components that are really heavy, you could use 2D people instead of having a person with 8000 entities, you also have a bed with more than 10000 polygons. also the walls, and floor were loose geometry, you must group them to prevent them from gluing to other elements like the kitchen cabinets, they are glued to the walls, the handles of the cabinets were grouped though. They’re a lot more things to fix, like reversed faces. I can fix some things now and share the file with you again, by the way only by purging the file size reduced in more than 60%.

Here is the model with few corrections, if you don’t see an object, go to the tags tray and click on the eye, I also named and grouped some objects to on the outliner.

1 Like

Thank you so much this has been of tremendous help!

Wow this is so great I will be able to render so much faster

You’re welcome, you should take a look to the free courses on the sketchup website.
https://learn.sketchup.com/

3 Likes

Rendering processing times are most impacted by the following factors - in approximate order of impact with greatest impact at the top of the list:

Number of light sources in a scene.
Number and complexity of transparent materials.
Complex procedural textures/materials.
Output Image resolution.
Image quality settings (numner if samples or type of raytracing)
Number and size of procedureally-Generated objects (eg number of grass objects)
Total amount of textures used in a model (jpg etc)
Number of faces in a scene.
Total size and complexity of the file (this will affrct export time more than processing time).

Hardware has varying limitations. One of these is VRAM which is used up quickly by large image resolutions and the total amount of textures in a scene.
So for mac users with limited VRAM, thats something to check and adjust first.

Once a renderer (ray tracer) has loaded a scene, the number of faces isnt likely to be an issue. Nor are the faces and objects that are invisible to the light source, since these are likely to be ignored.

2 Likes