Is it possible to have plugin collection?

I have some plugins and publish them. Users can have one or some of the plugins. Is it possible to have a plugin to create and configure the Toolbar for plugins that existed in the user system? I wish to be from calling methods in plugins one by one.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Like this?
https://extensions.sketchup.com/extension/e413511f-0517-4115-8d81-90039a20a72c/toolbar-editor

Similar but not exactly the same.
This extension manages toolbars but I wish to manage extensions. I wish the new plugin add icons pictures for the extensions toolbar. Also, the suggested plugin is general but I wish to customize it for my plugins. The idea is the same.

If I understood right…
For your own plugins, sure it is possible to writhe an other one to manage.

You can check if the Extension i installed:
e.g.
ExtensionsManager #each-instance_method

You can also install :
Sketchup .install_from_archive-class_method

Since you are the owner of your extension, should not be a problem to call the desired method inside of it. ( e.g.: MajidMahmoudi::MajBeam.what_ever_method)
Or make a menu/icon for above command, similar as you already did.

1 Like

BTW. Are you an employee of Smustard.com, or how are you related to them?

I have no idea about them. Why do you think I related to them?

Quote from your Extension file: MAJ_Beam.rb:

License
This software is distributed under the Smustard End User License Agreement
http://www.smustard.com/eula

If I were you, I’d read - and perhaps consult with a lawyer about the license under which you distributing your Extension…

1 Like

Oh, I see, I just copy and paste this sentence and I thought it is general for all extensions. I will delete it from my extensions.

Developer @ThomThom has many extensions in Sketchup’s Extension Warehouse, including the TT_Lib² which is a “Library of shared functions used by other extensions”:

You could provide a similar extension that provided common utilities and a ToolBar manager to manage the buttons for your extensions.

1 Like

FYI, TT_Lib is a support pain for me. It made it easy to roll out fixes for shared code, but in the long run it’s been a source of many support questions. Getting users to install the library before the extensions is challenging.

I’ve been slowly migrating away from using a shared library for the sake of simplifying the user experience and reduce my support burden.

5 Likes

When I started Sketchup, TT_Lib was my favorite extension and help me a lot. I am sure many people like me thank you for this extension.

How did it help you? Reference for common utility methods?

recently I receive the following message in the console.
C:/Users/Majid PC/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Plugins/TT_Lib2/win32.rb:12: warning: Win32API is deprecated after Ruby 1.9.1; use fiddle directly instead
true

…an you will get an answer why, if you read the line 19-26. inside the above mentioned file… :wink:

I know the answer, just looking for a solution… :wink:

I haven’t gotten around to update TT_Lib to use Fiddle. Mainly because the old code still works. (Though I expect that to change with Ruby 3)

Haven’t used Fiddle all that much, but I have these examples:

1 Like

Easiest is to encapsulate the Win32API wrapper class inside TT_Lib and remove that console warning.