Is adding entities in Local or Global coordinates

If You must know I was trying to wrap up some scripts that I wrote as a complete extention so I choose a CLF Extended Views as a sample … It is very simple but as well done in 3 files… didn’t want to make it to easy…
I was working on 2016 but soon enough I found that it was not working in sK 2017… I thought I will take it as an excercise and fix it…
I found the problem was with expoding the group and since 2017 changing entities names while doing it… So I tried very hard to get around it…
I have seen your post on sketchucation site for this plugin so You are maybe familiar with how it works…
I needed to know exactly which entity after exploding the group was which inside the group,. so the views would be properly aligned…

In the end I solved it by not creating groups at all… man that was enoying…
instead I used:

Sketchup.active_model.edit_transform

so I could create points in opened group’s Local coordinates without the need for creating a group containing another group to align it with local coordinates… that was messy.
And I learned about transformations a bit… and to avoid grouping existing entities cos masters do so too… How come it was not fixed since sketchup 7?

I posted the fixed extention on sketchucation… I couldn’t get direct contact to Chris… He seems upsent…