Invisible/displaced geometry bug Sketchup pro 2017

I couldn’t find any other post so I apologize if this has been addressed before. We currently migrated to 2017 Pro at work and I’m having a bug with random geometry displacement and objects becoming wire-frame in this new version of Sketchup. I had none of these issues while working on 2016 on the same computer. I’m attaching images of what the bug looks like and here are my computer specs:

Window 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel Xeon E5-2667 @ 2.90Ghz
32768MB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K5000 4095MB
Sketchup Pro 2017

The louvers in the image shouldn’t be displaying as wireframe and the extra geometry that is cut in the foreground seems to have displaced there from to top where it is missing. Also switching to parallel projection view doesn’t fix this.

How about uploading the SKP file so we can see what you have going on?

Where are your axis lines? Have you only hidden them? Or is your model in “outer space”. This is typically what happens if your model is tens or hundreds of kilometers from the SketchUp model origin point.

Anssi

I’m attaching the model… I’m not sure why the axis lines are not showing (because I exported it as a jpg not a screenshot maybe?). Its a fresh model with the geometry near the origin.

Sun Study model.skp (159.6 KB)

I wonder if it is a graphics card issue. this is what I see when I open your file.

Yes. That is the reason the axes don’t show.

Works fine for me.
Axes display as expected:

There’s no hidden geometry or off-layers.
So either the previous image was from a model far from the origin, or your Graphics Card is foobar, or at the very least its drivers need upgrading…

Here’s a screenshot when i first open the model.

Screenshot after I select the massing on the right.

Drivers on the NVIDIA are up to date. Is there a compatibility issue? Haven’t had any problems with other 3D modelling software.

Hmmm…

Makes me more convinced it’s your graphics card or its drivers. Try rolling the drivers back a version or two. There have been some weird things with the latest drivers pushed in a Windows update.

Shows normally here too. I can get clipping only by deliberately trying (switch to Perspective, zoom inside the model, switch to Parallel…).

Anssi

OK. Thank you everyone. I’ll try rolling back and I’ll update if I see any changes.

David