Introducing my plugin

Is that a same or improved version of this?
https://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=46319

Indeed dezmo this is a version that I have modified quite a bit and completed.

Why not renew your current entry in the SketchUcation PluginStore ?
Then you could post links to it here - and expand its exposure…

OK I’m going, thank you

I have problems creating a google account with the French resource. What am I supposed to do?

I don’t know. I’m not French, and I don’t know what a “French resource” is.
… and I don’t work for Google nor Trimble.

Your updated extension, when introduced on Extension Warehouse, would be easier to find if the Extension Warehouse search function gets fixed. I say “if” since it’s been more than 6 months since the problem has been reported, but SketchUp seems to burying their head in the sand, like an ostrich, hoping the problem will go away.

I use the term resource that is used to define languages in application facilities.
Would it be possible to contact the first author of the plugin, I named Mr. Mark Jason Grundman?

So… this is NOT your own work - but it’s an edited version of someone else’s code ??

So… is the original code ‘open-source’, which is allowing you to edit and redistribute it ??

If not you shouldn’t be publishing it at all !

You are not explaining yourself very well… please don’t publish anything until the basic question is resolved…

It is indeed an open source. I started from the part of the source that worked to make an improved and much more complete application. I can download the source code if you wish. You can also test it yourself by releasing the last line of code under the Skecthup API with a Ruby editor.

hi LE GALL,
under the other thread i downloaded your .rb file.
i zipped it and renamed the zipped file to .rbz, this used to work with 2017 Make, to recognise and install as extension.
have to use legacy zip compression (7-zip archiver also can do that).

it is, as with the original SPGears, that without convexify-ing it can not properly mesh in msphysics simulation.

Good day Likhanecz.
Excuse me, but I do not quite understand what you are saying or your question.

Almost complete, have a request - can you have the plugin automatically scale to teeth count whilst being able to “theoretically” mesh correctly? Because as it is now, you need to manually specify the parameters which means you need to calculate them if you want different gear teeths to mesh with other different gear teeth counts.

I think what he’s asking is that your plugin won’t mesh smoothly or correctly unless you “convexify” them which means your plugin isn’t really complete without making meshable gears on the getgo without needing to further modify them externally…

Just realised he hasn’t updated the one in the plugin store…

Yes I noticed this as well. He (MJ Grundman) posted two updates in his original “Plugins” forum topic.
I am not sure that his posts were before or after the establishment of the SketchUcation Plugin Store.
I find that it is quite common for SPS authors to forget to update their store versions. Or they don’t really know how to, as I think the admins over there created a bunch of store plugin pages for various plugins posted in forum threads.

Speaking of convexifying them…how do you do this? My gear meshes are jamming and not meshing smoothly…

Coz this looks like it should mesh smoothly:
but jams up instead when I click play…

Hello abba.
What version of SpGear do you have? Version 2.2?

@LE_GALL

Phillipe, please see the code review comments I made in this other topic, as you have done much the same incorrect things.

Push/pop tool without losing current tool state? - #6 by DanRathbun

Yes I know the original by MJG also was not organized correctly as a proper SketchUp extension. It was written way back in 2012 when we were still working out extension paradigms.

But the main rule you broke was to create a derivative work without wrapping it in YOUR OWN namespace so it does not clash with the original, or other author’s editions.

Because you did not do this, … and MJG is busy and hasn’t been visiting for a year, … I’ve taken his “plugin” and organized it as a proper extension, wrapped up in MJG’s personal namespace.
This will allow his edition to be preserved without clashing with other author’s editions.

So please take a look at how I did it … and do the same to your edition …
but use YOUR OWN top level namespace module name not his !

~

Dan,
I’m developing a completely new version that uses wed dialogs from a structured menu in addition to menus in the plugins. This version corrects a number of approximations in the calculations and filtering of the data. In addition, this version takes into account the constraints you mentioned.
I’m developing very slowly.
First of all, I’m just doing this for my leisure and for my personal pleasure.
I’m not looking for performance.
Regarding the version of SPGears_mjg_plg_v2.2, I can arrange directly with the interested by email by allowing you to give them my email.
Yours very much.
Phiippe

I am not your publicist, sir. I do not even know if I have your email, nor do I want it, much less want to distribute anyone’s email. The forum is fine for interaction.

Well, certainly this is good to hear. They are really not my constraints. They are mentioned in the official documents I linked above.

It is not about performance. It is about your code running separately from everyone’s else’s code. SketchUp’s ObjectSpace is shared by all extensions so every author’s code needs to be separated into it’s own province.