Installing 2015 64bit Win8.1 Layout.exe is missing?

Everthing was running fine with SU 2015pro 64bit on Windows 8.1
After updating Maintanace 2 an emty link was shown on the desktop for layout and Layout.exe couldn’t be found. :cold_sweat:

Maybe it’s because I skipped Maintanance 1?

I tried to repair the installation, no sucess. Deinstalling, booting, new installing, no sucess. It’s gone! ?? :sob:

Hardware: Acer E1-771G
For now I installed 32bit everthing is fine. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It may “just” be a dead link. Check in the SketchUp program folder if there is the executable of LayOut (Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/LayOut/LayOut.exe). Then you can create a new link. If it’s not there, a complete uninstallation (with deleting the dead shortcut) and reinstallation should bring it back.

Operating systems usually sort applications by their 32bit/64bit compatibility into different program folders. In case you may have once installed a 32bit version of SketchUp 2015, it would have created a link to Program Files (x86) which is different from the location of the 64bit version.

1 Like

Thanks very much. Everthing is ok now.

Merry xmas

Thank you. Yes after uninstalling and then reinstalling…everything works fine now. Thank you again.

Hi Barbara,

I have now similar issues that you had, could explain further what you did not sure I understand what Aerilius says. Here is my issue: My Layout.exe file is in the right directory, but I don’t know how to create the new link.

Hi Aerilius,

Here is my issue: My Layout.exe file is in the right directory, but I don’t know how to create the new link.

Why are you trying to create a new link? When you installed SketchUp Pro, you should have also gotten a desktop shortcut to LayOut. Did that happen?

Please complete the IT questions in your profile with useful information. What is the graphics card> Which version of SketchUp? 2017? Pro?