Installation attemopt returns object already exists error

Attempting to install Sketchup and install.exe returns an error frame saying “Object already exists” and intallations will not continue.

I’m getting the same thing while installing Sketchup Make 2014. Occurs on windows 7 while it’s “Updating component registration”. Tried restarting and removing Sketchup 8. Then setup rolls back.

Application log not very helpful:

The description for Event ID 10015 from source MsiInstaller cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Product: SketchUp 2014 – Object already exists.

(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Same error on trying to reinstall Sketchup 8. Now I’m sketchup-less.

Looks like one of the recent Windows Updates is causing this error (along with a few other installers). I removed the update KB2918614 from my machine (Windows 7 Home Premium) and I was able to install SketchUp Make 2014 with no issues.

That worked well. Thank you for your help. -Jack