Inserting a text label causes Sketchup to crash, why?

I appreciate all your help.

My problems are back. Current problems include the cross hatched box above my text labels (my original problem). I now also have a problem in that SU crashes as soon as I load my colored drawing (852 kb). I can load a black and white drawing (252 kb) but it too also has the text label problem. I went in to Preferences and unchecked all the boxes in the OpenGL but it did not help.

These problems came back when I had to do a computer restart for another reason. When the computer came back on it was like I did not have a graphics card. All the desktop icons were large and jagged. I clicked on the graphic card control panel and it said it didnā€™t exist. To get it back I did a system restore to last week and now SU is not working right.

This is getting very frustrating. Does anybody have any suggestions?

TIA,
BWSwede

It is getting worse. Now when I check/uncheck the boxes in OpenGL to try to get it to work SU crashes. It also crashes when I try to insert a text label.

Helpā€¦

Thank you,
BWSwede

Maybe you should finish it?

Good lordā€¦everything seems to be working now including the ability to print, which I did not get around to asking about. The culprit? The Windows screen resolution. It was set to 16 bit instead of 32. I donā€™t know how it got changed but it did and it reeked havoc on everything in SU.

Thank you,
BWSwede

I once had at work a laptop that for some ****** reason set itself automatically to 16-bit when I connected it to its dock and external monitor.

Just an idea

Anssi

1 Like

Thanks Anssi,

When the programs starts acting up again the very first thing I am going to check is the Windows screen resolution. I wasted my entire morning that day chasing my tail.

Best,
BWSwede