Implement display scaling

Implementation of display scaling would make this usable.

The status line is unreadable. Pull down menu text overlap and are unreadable. Icons are unreadable.

I am running 3840x2160 native on a 65 inch screen. My other applications are fine as I set DPI auto scaling to 250%. (I usually don’t have to configure scaling for individual applications.)

One solution: Installing Sketchup in a VM makes a slow application slower.

On the performance topic, I haven’t profiled Sketchup but it doesn’t seem to take advantage of multiple cores and GPUs like it should. I have 4 GPUs. It would be nice to be able to use 1 or 2 for physics and math and use the others to interleave display processing to improve performance. This is supported in many of my applications.

I could have missed some options. I am new to Sketchup. I searched for information on some of the issues addressed above with no joy.

3D modeling operations (unlike photorealistic rendering, video processing, etc.) cannot be split up to run on multiple processors.

A single fast processor core coupled with a fast graphics card will always supply the best performance in SketchUp.

SketchUp Hardware and Software Requirements — SketchUp Help

SketchUp has known problems on high-dpi displays. This is one of the things many of us hope they are quietly working on for the next release, as these displays are becoming more and more common.