I have sketchup crash on me 10 times a day. so much for version 2019. i9 processor and 4000 quatro card. anyone else have issue

i have sketchup crash on me 10 times a day. so much for version 2019. i9 processor and 4000 quatro card. anyone else have issue

Are you using Windows 8.1 as your profile states?

also, an Nvidia Quadro 4000 has 2GB DDR5 GRAM, not 2MB.

UPDATE (from better info below)

… your RTX 4000 has 8 GB GDDR6 GRAM, not 2MB

You need to give more info on your SketchUp setup.

Have you used Nvidia Control Panel to set SketchUp and LayOut to use the “high performance NVIDIA processor” ? (Below, OP indicates a desktop i9 CPU with no integrated graphics)

What extensions have you installed, especially rendering extensions ?

This is not normal. Did 2018 work better on the same machine? When are the crashes occurring? Are you getting bugsplats? And as Dan asked, what extensions do you have installed?

• launched SketchUp setup by “right-click > Run as Admin”?
  • recent graphics card driver installed?
  • for evaluation purposes all plugins/extensions disabled?

No I am using windows 10 with all updates and latest graphic drivers. Sketchup seems to crash when I explode models. I am using www.brighter3d.com for rendering. This might be the issue but I never had the issue with sketchup 2018

yes bug splats. one rendering plugin called brighter 3D and fredo plugins. purge, isolate, fixit 101 not much more.

So disable the extensions and see if you have the same issue. If not, bring them back one or two at a time and continue testing.

i don’t have on-broad graphic card. PC spec is this one
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/3xs-wi6000-viz-overclocked-intel-core-i9-7900x-64gb-ddr4-8gb-nvidia-quadro-p4000-500gb-m2-ssd-2tb-wi

according to your signature a “nvidia 2mb” and “win 8.1” (really) … pls update.

nVidia Driver Downloads

In that case your RTX 4000 has 8 GB GDDR6 GRAM, not 2MB !

Time to update your forum profile.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.