I can't open my skp file Please Help

Hello guys, I’m having big problem with my precious model… Sketchup can’t open the file. Please, help. any one here?

No one can help you unless you share the model. We are not clairvoyant nor do we have telekinetic skills.

2 Likes

I am very glad to receive such a quick response!
my model uploaded here:

You have to make it public for us to be able to download…

2 Likes

As @tweenulzeven wrote, you have to make the file accessible if you want us to help you.

What version of SketchUp are you actually using? There is no Free Plan 2023.0.396.152.

2 Likes

It’s very strange, link is public. Maybe it will work now? last time, I deleted part of the link after the question mark.

Daver, I never meant to lie to anybody, but version is actually 23.0.396. I can send the screenshot.
Maybe you are mean to pirate version?

I couldn´t open the file, but the message i got when i tried to open it wasn´t the typical “It´s not an skp file” it says that the integrity of the file was compromised, I´ve never seen that, maybe Colin could be able to do something with it.

thank you! yes, message was absolutly the same.

maybe the model could have broken down due to a large set of components inside it downloaded from the sketchup warehouse?

Something isn’t right in the headers perhaps?

I was able to get it open, and save out a fresh file:

1 Like

WOW!!! It’s great! I am very grateful to you!!! BIG THANKS!!!
I will divide the model into separate buildings and backup it every day :slight_smile:
Seriously, this model is very important for me. Since this moment you became one of the authors forever. I won’t forget you!!!

What version of SketchUp are you really using? There is no SketchUp for Schools 2021. Are you using a cracked version?

You have to provide access to the file.

I haven’t done anything yet. I can’t access your model to even try. If you want it fixed set the permsiions to allow it to be downloaded. And please correct your forum profile.

You’ve come to the wrong place for help then. Using cracked software is theft and piracy. Coming here for help is like going to the owner of the car you stole for help because you can’t get it to run.

There’s no point in providing access to your file since you are using a crack code for SketchUp.

1 Like

Hello, I just received the dreaded “this model failed integrity checks and cannot be opened” as well. I am using SU 2023 on desktop windows 11 PC. I tried using the SKB file but got the same message. Tried to import it into other SW packages but got nothing. The based file originated in Revit, I believe. I imported it into Twinmotion to do renderings and saved. When I tried to reimport to TM, I got nothing and that’s when I tried to re-open in SU and got the dreaded message. Oddly enough, it opens in Twinmotion just fine but all of the textures are missing, so I am guessing this has something to do with texture maps? Please help.

We might be able to help you if yu share the .skp file.

Which release version?

Thanks for the quick response! Sorry, just realized I put in the wrong version I am using 2024 - 24.0.484. The file is 250mb. Sorry I am a noob the this forum. how can I attach?

Please correct your forum profile, then.

Upload it to DropBox or We Transfer and share the link.

profile updated. link: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

I couldn’t work with it either but maybe @colin can check it out with his more powerful tools. Hopefully he’ll have time soon.