I can not get support to activate my license. I paid but the link / activation code sent by sketchup is not valid

I can not get support to activate my license. I paid but the link / activation code sent by sketchup is not valid.

What is phone number for support - nothing working - my emails and online support questions aren’t being answered and I am supposed to be working!

Try signing into the software and activating the license from the web portal. Should be good to go there.

I don’t see anything wrong with your license. If you are using SketchUp 2022, and the license you are trying starts with WA-, it should work.

I got the license system to email your 2022 license, to make sure you’re using the right combination of serial number and authorization code.

Thank you for comments and help - I had to repurchase in order to get a working license number.

Thank you - I was sent the WA-info but it did not work.

Yes, That was one of the things I tried. Thanks - I have it working.

I realized what is wrong. Your WA license is for SketchUp 2021. You do also have a subscription. If you open SketchUp 2022 and sign in with your att.net email address, SketchUp should then work. You would not want to use the Add Classic License option.