I am trying to discover if models can be modified to suit my particular 3D print needs. IE redraw a model to meet a specific shape and size

Thanks Gully,

I just stumbled on to that.  Now since I have made unique one of the shoes I should be able to raise the sole a half inch or so.

Thank you very much for your interest and your response.

Adam

Uh, I think you have “flipping” and mirroring with the Scale tool confused. I guess you’ve been using scaling to -1, and, sure it matters which scaling handle you use.

But I was talking about the Flip command, which is located on the right-click context menu for applicable items. It goes, right-click > Flip along > Red Direction | Green Direction | Blue Direction.

You ought to give it a try.

-Gully

Thanks Gully. I found that if I get the right handle on the scale tool I get the desired result. I have been working with Mirror command since the early 90’s when I began to learn photoshop. This just did not do what I wanted it to until I saw the part “flip over” accidentally so that it was essentially the same part as the first just upside down. I played for a moment then it inverted so that I had the correct configuration.

Now I fooling around with PCPTE filament and trying to get it to print.

Gratefully,

Adam