Hybrid setup in Layout 2024 way to slow

I would really like to have the option to select hybrid when exporting to PDF. Not while working with Layout 2024. This makes the program ridiculously slow. The preview also shows very strange bars and black spots.
For example, why should I render cars in a separate viewport in raster and the rest in hybrid. Layout 2023 has no problems with this. Why is Layout 2024 making a fuss about this?

1 Like

I’m not following your complaint. You can use the output override to select hybrid for exporting to PDF in LO 2024 the same as LO 2023.
Screenshot 2024-06-04 063113

1 Like

Morning Nick,

Why I never saw this option is beyond me. But all good for you. Thank you. Stupid of me. Hybrid off while creating the layout. Why they even offer that option. It just makes it slow. It remains strange why there are still very strange bars visible in the preview. But that actually doesn’t matter because you already see what you get on your screen. Again thanks a lot.

1 Like

I never use the preview, but I have heard there are reported issues with it. Most drawing software have a difference in display and output appearance - so it is common. Additionally, LO 2024 has two new features that help improve performance: draft mode and the experimental graphics engine. You can check those out if you haven’t already

1 Like

You are absolutely right…the preview has no added value at all. But you want everything to work properly. I had indeed already adjusted the other settings. Thank you.