How would you all model this sloped garage floor?

Well, sorry you had that experience. I’ve had my practice for 22 years now and worked 15 years prior for larger firms. In all those firms project architects were required to do all the CA on their own projects. We’re not all “fru fru”, whatever that means? I’m out on the job several times a month.

I do agree with you that every architect should build something early in their career….I did.

I don’t generalize contractors, as I have been fortunate to work with many of the best in our area. Architects are the same. You’ll always find those that fall into the category you describe, but generalizing that while promoting non code compliant construction seems a little off to me.

I don’t know you and I’m sure you have skills with that experience, but talking to us like we are all just digital children working in a void is just a tad insulting.

Fru fru from frou-frou - showy / fancy

You learn something new everyday.

1 Like

I am not fru-fru,
… but neither am I an architect… :disappointed:

1 Like

Wow, again a contractor recommending non compliant construction and placing all architects into a group that you have to “put up with”.

So happy I don’t have to work with a company run by someone with that attitude. I’ll bet team approach must be a joy!

I wish you the best in your little world.

I still won’t generalize your field but there are plenty hammer to fit, paint to match attitudes like yours out there obviously. Really unfortunate actually.

I’m done “Artisan” Tony.

1 Like

I try to leave my cape and shiny shoes at home, but sometimes I just can’t resist!

2 Likes

He who has knowledge spares his words, And a man of understanding is of a calm spirit.
Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; When he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive.

Anyhow: I still haven’t done the floor :open_mouth:

2 Likes

The irony here is not understanding you are recommending a non compliant installation of a garage slab. Not meeting code = non compliant in my book and has nothing to do with what I perceive or believe…it’s written code.

Not quite sure how you got that I am putting down the entire construction industry when I literally stated exactly the opposite. Many of my close friends are contractors. Some I work with, some I don’t.

Glad I can at least make you laugh! I really do wish you the best, and hope maybe someday folks like you will stop generalizing.

I don’t understand why this doesn’t just make practical sense to another builder. Say the garage door gets left open for a bit during a bad storm; wouldn’t it be great if that water wanted to- I don’t know- LEAVE the garage? Driving rain can bypass garage seals very easily to boot. Expect the worst. It’s no different than putting a rain screen behind siding.

1 Like