How to xclip in SketchUp

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to perform an interesting task.
Basically I have a large pattern created using a repetitive component element that creates a wall.
The pattern has many pieces of various lengths, widths, and depths.

The wall created using this pattern has a couple doors cut out of it and two edges where the pattern stops. What I want to do is hide the portions of the components that intersect with the holes in the pattern. I could explode the components in those areas to edit them differently, however I want the module component to remain editable so I can create various options.

Is there an extension out there that does this or any other way? Basically this is like performing an xclip in AutoCAD for anyone familiar with that program.

Thanks,
Eric

How about a screenshot (or more) to help explain.

If I understand properly, you want to have an invisible solid that hides* any geometry it intersects with (inside it).
(*non-destructive)

Good idea, but unfortunately in SU you would have to explode the geometry and get rid of the excess lines/faces. You could duplicate it onto a hidden layer before trimming it all - this can be used as a template for different options (however that might get confusing.)

I suppose as a feature request, turning faces into ‘section planes’ would be a really cool tool to have available.

Non-destructive shapes

Over in the Feature Requests category, we talked about SketchUp having section cones, spheres, etc.