How to start Sketchup make?

Hi Dave, Thanks for your message. Whilst trying I moved the toolbar away from the bottom to the side of the screen. When I looked for the ‘button’ - NOTHING. !

Tell me what do you mean by “OP HAS A MAC” ?

What has windows Task manager got to do with it ?

Tried to comply with this suggestion. No GO -NOthing there sorry

Please post a screenshot. At this point, it is really the best/easiest way to get you up and running.

You’re the OP, Original Poster. that remark was made to @mac7595 because he suggested that you go to the Task Manager which, as I wrote, is a Windows thing but you are using Mac. He removed his post after I made mine.

As @TheOnlyAaron mentioned, take a screenshot and drag it in the forum editor:

How to take a screenshot on your Mac
You can capture your entire screen. The screenshot is automatically saved to your desktop.

How to take a screenshot of your entire screen:

• Press Shift-Command (⌘)-3.
  • Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.
  • drag the .png in the editor of the forum

I have used make for some time and the current drawing is ready to edit. I find I can’t open ‘Make’ anymore. The first time tis happened last year

Hi @lewiswatteau,

Your mac should have no problem running SketchUp Make, but I’m not quite sure where you were downloading from. With the Mac version there has never been a 32 vs 64 bit version (in fact, that is not longer an option for Windows, any more!).

I woudl suggest getting rid of whatever you have installed and downloading the Mac installer from THIS PAGE.

Make sure to download the MAKE version of SKetchUp from the MAC OS column:

1 Like

I have had it with Sketchup Make. Please can somebody tell me how to uninstall ALL OF SKETCHUP MAKE and I will forget the whole product forever and go back to a drawing board. At least that works. I have spent far too much time on a useless problem

@lewiswatteau
Please reread the preceding posts in detail…

@TheOnlyAaron gave a link to the v2017 Make MacOS download.
Please get it and [re]install it.
If you are prompted for a license etc it is NOT Make - it’s actually a Pro [Trial] version !
If you have that installed then uninstall it, before retrying a Make installation.

We must assume you know how to install a MAC app ?

Literally thousands of users manage to do this every week, so somewhere something is going wrong in your case.

Everyone is trying to help you.
But if you don’t give us clear and full details of what you are trying to do we can’t be 100% effective…

Perhaps a blow-by-blow description would help us help you ?

1 Like

I have downloaded 2017 Make. But I can only access the tutorials and can’t find a way to get the software to open so it can be used ??

download is only step one…

did you instal it?

john

When the programme reaches the screen asking for a template selection I notice that is also asks for programme serial number. Does this indicate that it is not MAKE but pro? It says the user is ‘make’ but it is asking for details on PRO. Would this indicate that the original installation that worked was Pro and worked for 30 days. Now it won’t open for that reason ?
If I look on “Launchpad” the sketchup icons are not removable. Is this why I can’t uninstall Sketchup so when I download Make it won’t open as Pro is still in the programme file ?

Please, please, please! Post a screenshot of your screen! We CAN help you, but it will be so much easier if you will just show us what you are seeing…

Thank you

I would gladly comply but I don’t know how !! Sorry

I have downloaded Make and can get to the template page on Make. I can open the tutorials but there is no Start using Make button. If I enlarge the screen or move the tool bar to one side there is no Start button. On “Launchpad” (MacBook pro) there is icons for sketchup that can’t be uninstalled. They just might be for PRO I can’t tell.

The software worked well and I have lost all my work. I had the screen changed and also two logic boards, So apple are not without faults, maybe this is another one ?

More and more confusion from your descriptions.

Many people who don’t know how to make screen shots post real photos of their computer screens, that would help.

1 Like

Lewis, on Mac, hold down command-control-shift-4. Draw a box around what you want to capture. The image is now on your pasteboard.

Come back to this forum thread, reply, and paste in that image (command-v).

1 Like

Barry http://forums.sketchup.com/u/barry SketchUp Team Member
September 14

Lewis, on Mac, hold down command-control-shift-4. Draw a box around what
you want to capture. The image is now on your pasteboard.

Come back to this forum thread, reply, and paste in that image (command-v).

Visit Topic
http://forums.sketchup.com/t/how-to-start-sketchup-make/29326/35 or
reply to this

Spectator
email to respond.

In Reply To
lewiswatteau http://forums.sketchup.com/u/lewiswatteau
September 14
I would gladly comply but I don’t know how !! Sorry I have downloaded Make
and can get to the template page on Make. I can open the tutorials but
there is no Start using Make button. If I enlarge the screen or move the
tool bar to one side there is no Start button. On “Launchpad” (MacBook pro)
the…

Visit Topic
http://forums.sketchup.com/t/how-to-start-sketchup-make/29326/35 or
reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
http://forums.sketchup.com/email/unsubscribe/c1d522ae2df3678eace21cab01b3e30676ea70e246392aa9cbe98eaa10b976d2

Lewis: first, let’s learn to take a screen shot on Mac. It’ll be a great skill for you to learn.

1. Open Preview.app
  2. Hold down these four keys at the same time: Command, Control, Shift, 4

If your cursor doesn’t turn into crosshairs with numbers next to it for your X and Y position on the screen, stop and figure out why by reading Take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

1. Now in Preview.app, click File->New from Clipboard or type Command-N.

Do you get a window with your screen shot?

sometimes don’t work properly on Mac.

@lewiswatteau

Screen shot on Mac with these keys puts a .png on your Desktop :