How to make a section that is concave between two circles?

pixel-headphone-case.skp (1.2 MB)

So I’m trying to make a headphone holder. I would like to make a concave section at either end of the headphone case. I’ve already drawn two 1/2 circles at one end, but how do make it concave between those two 1/2 circles?

use the follow-me tool. it’s designed for this kind of thing…

https://www.sketchup.com/learn/videos/836 then choose follow-me…

Are you looking for something like this?

pixel-headphone-case (1).skp (1.3 MB)

yes, that’s what I’m looking for! How do I do it? I tried using the follow me tool, but I couldn’t get it to work.

I’m not sure what kind of problem you encountered when using the Follow-Me tool, but I’ll mention that the tool is designed to work with a starting face that is perpendicular to the initial segment of the path to be followed. If the face is skewed to the initial segment of the path, the result can be unexpected.

Here the .gif showing how I did it.

Ok. I was able to reproduce that, which is good to know. But then I don’t see how to easily clean it up so that the channels for the earphone wires etc extend all the way though the concave part. If I just do the push pull though all this, it then creates a mess.

I was able to get it really close thanks to everyone’s help. But how do I create a rounder edge at the different openings? Being a headphone case, I don’t want these edges to snag clothing while in a pocket.

I tried using the roundcorner extension , but it’s UI is not intuitive. And It doesn’t like the design since it’s not a nice square corner I’m trying to round.

Any suggestions? I’ve attached the latest skp file.pixel-headphone-case-v2.skp (1.4 MB)