How to get a solid file for solid 3D print, not in surfaces only?

What if I choose every surface and ‘cut’! Then erase all remaining stuff?

You’ve got a hidden line that’s making your bounding box jut out a little in the back, which is likely causing some more slicer errors.

It’s easy enough to delete and fix. Just curious how it could have gotten there in the first place.

There’s still some broken surfaces around these circles, and there’s a small gap on the right where the top and bottom halves don’t quite line up. I think it’s creating some issues all its own.

I think your efforts to simplify the design have cost you crucial detail. This once concave face is now just a flat circle on a flat surface.

I don’t know what else can be done to fix this model besides a ground-up redo.

You can try it. Probably more work than you should need to do but it’s up to you.

Have a look: (cut & place in place)
CANAC BIG - solid.skp (917.1 KB)

Now you’ve just got a pair of holes in the model.

Easy fix! What about the remaining build? AOK?!

You still haven’t fixed the face orientation either.

No.

There’s still some problems with the geometry. Notice how I can’t select everything, like there’s a hidden line that’s keeping me from selecting that middle part of the face.
Then there’s this weird little line (the box on the right) I can’t seem to select it, but if I try to smooth it out or delete it, it takes away half the surrounding geometry.
There’s also still this problem of how you’ve effectively smoothed out convex and concave faces into totally flat surfaces. How’s that going to print? Aren’t these supposed to be interlocking?
Before:

After:

My Friends, I learned a lot, and I’ll start all over. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Dave, first time SketchUp Forum (for me) is always awkward, still I appreciate your keen effortless cooperation!

Eric – 1948

BTW: As a self-made, self-employed product designer, I chose to learn SketchUp by just to go and use it. Bit by bit you go to master it. Yet, the road is lo-ong!

1 Like

To help achieve your goals, some time spent at the SketchUp Campus and at the SketchUp - YouTube channel will be very worthwhile. Both sites are from the SketchUp team. On the YouTube channel, pay attention to the Square One Series. It covers the basics for each tool.