How to automatically generate various styles of roof's topview?

Hi guys,

I am currently training neural network to identify the roof style, and I need lots of 2D topview of roof outline data. An example is shown below. My question is, is there any way to automatically and randomly generate massive amount of roof topview? Or is there some data I can use to generate roof outline? Capture

Thanks for your answer.

You’ve had no replies, probably because no one understands the question. Well, I don’t anyway!

There are some SketchUp plug-ins that can automatically generate roofs, but you have to make different variants one by one.

Plugins:

• InstantRoof
  • 1001bit Tools

Another way might be Google search, try looking for images of the same kind as you already have. You may find some similar to your needs. It may help if you rename your image “roof”.

• Write a script that generates parametric roof tops with random parameters.

• Train a neural network to generate roof tops, with which you train a neural network to classify them again.

• OpenStreetMap has building data, of which some are annotated with roof types. There exist several tag search engines that you can query to find buildings with roofs.

Tag search: building:roof:shape | Keys | OpenStreetMap Taginfo
    Example: overpass turbo

I currently don’t know of a specific OSM renderer that displays roofs. It seems that with PlaceMaker, you can import these buildings into SketchUp, including hipped roofs.

Hi,
Thank you very much for the kind reply. You mention that I have write a script to generate parameters to define roof style. Can you provide an example of how to create this kind of script? Or, do you know if there is any method to upload this script to instant roof to automatically generate roof?

Thanks