How do I stop my interior walk through animation from walking through walls?

Hi everyone. This is my first time using this feature… so please be gentle!
How do I stop my interior walk through animation from walking through walls?

How are you setting up the animation? Just placing cameras in different locations for each scene?

I was just creating scenes in the locations and directions I wanted the animation to transition through by manually orbiting and panning. This had worked well for external aminations where you are moving around the outside of a building, but as soon as I used the same technique in a building interior with several rooms it has turned to custard!

There’s no collision detection for the camera between scenes. You could need to place the cameras so they are in line of sight of each other and in most cases so the first camera is looking in the direction of the next camera and so on.

Winner thanks Dave. I give that a crack :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a plugin from Chris Fullmer called CLF Camera Recorder, it creates either scenes or images of the viewport while you navigate, it’s perfect if you have a space mouse or using the walk around tool from sketchup which detects walls and doesn’t let you pass through them.
It was possible to make a camera to follow a path focusing on an object but it required the plugin MSPhysics, which isn’t compatible with any sketchup version beyond the 2017, if you are interested on it you can download sketchup make 2017 and try it. I’ll leave a tutorial of how to do it.