How do I draw a Circle with diameter instead of radius?

will try it next item I make !

I was taking about the just typing in the size of the circle . . Tried it and it ask if I wanted to re size the part and I clicked “YES” . . Neat saves a lot of time adjusting the SIZE of what I needed . . Thanks for the suggestion . . I had to go to tape measure run the tape from spot to edge and then to the box and click on it hit delete and then type in the size

Making a item to add to the bottom of the water filter pitcher has a 1/2 inch of water which never goes into or through the filter . . This take the place of the water . . or most of it
Question there iF I upgrade to 2017 do I have to re install Export to STI again ?

How to fast draw circle 333,3cm in diameter? I can’t do it simple even drawing a line.

Start drawing a circle, let go of mouse, type 166,65

If it’s really too difficult to divide by 2, you could use the Line tool to draw the diameter and then draw the circle from the midpoint.

1 Like

Although it’s sort of a special case (SketchUp doesn’t do calculations in the ‘Measurements’ box but here it divides by 2 to enter a radius for you) type 3333mm/2 and hit [Enter]

added: notice the units in mm to avoid the decimal field when using cm

333/2 works for 333cm, but 3333mm/2 doesn’t work and it’s too complicated. I guess I’ll have to draw the line each time.
Why there’s no simple switch like 333,3d + enter or option in settings for default radius/diameter? (rhetorical question).

333/2 works for millimeters if you have millimeters as the current unit.
Also, 3333/2mm works (the unit typed after the “calculation”).

It’s working for me with the same conditions. If I measure it 'll give me 333,3cm as diam. That’s what you were after.
Complicated yes. I guess I sort of warned you in advance.
I’ve never seen the lack of being able to add a d (for diameter) in the ‘Measurements’ box as a problem although it is a good feature request.

This request comes up every year or so. The fact that the measurements input even handles 3333/2 is an unplanned side-effect of supporting fractions in inches and architectural units; they didn’t have the intent of supporting arithmetic expressions in the measurements. There is a proverbial can-of-worms increase of complexity in opening this up to full expression parsing. That’s not to say it couldn’t or shouldn’t be done, just offering a likely excuse for why it has not despite repeated requests.

2 Likes

Use the period for the decimal point instead of the comma.

Joe