How could I know more about this SketchUp community?

Hello all,

I’m a newbie here. I would like to know more about this community. That’s why I joined here.

Can you please help me? Thanks!

What do you want to learn?

Read the threads in the forum.

What version of SketchUp are you actually using? There is no SketchUp Free (web) 2019. What is the graphics card? 4GB doesn’t answer that question. Please correct your profile. That information helps us help you.

Quite an open ended question but let’s give it a go.

Firstly, this is mainly a place for you and your peers. Don’t bother asking where SU is headed because no one knows (or those who do can’t say). But you do sometimes get member of the SU Team posting here which helps to show the organisation’s antennae are working. The really great thing about the community is that there are a bunch of very helpful and highly knowledgeable people here who field a lot of the questions for no reward (apart from the kudos). One of them has already replied to you.

Secondly, if you need to know something, it is always good if you can upload the file you are working on. Many people here post a question that is highly detailed but still unintelligible without seeing the file. Just as a picture paints a thousand words, a file saves a lot of faff.

2 Likes

This forum is hosted by Discourse, you might have had a personal message by @discobot to engage and get to know the workings of it.
Or check the forum guidelines:
https://forums.sketchup.com/guidelines

there is also a ‘User’ section in the hamburger menu, select some settings and see who is active or not:

Or who has the highest rank :slight_smile:

Hallo! Zeg @discobot help weergeven om te ontdekken wat ik kan.

This “community” is involved in discourse. Just follow-up and talk to the people who are answering your query, and you will get an idea. It’s about people helping each other with SketchUp and related computing, sharing results, or sometimes arguing about SketchUp, complaining etc.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing the details here. I’m super excited and definitely will give it a try.

Great details so far. Carry on!

Please correct your profile while you are here. Currently it shows you are using SketchUp 2019 Free (web) which is impossible. The correct information helps us help you.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply. Yeah, I will do that.