How can I select

A lot depends on what they are and how you created them, I imagine they should be groups or components but that is beside the point.

How did you create the offset and are they all the same, perhaps you just need to think ahead.
Smart

4 Likes

Oh great.
You are exactly the way I am asking. I will always try

1 Like

Your issue might have been resolved… But, just for fun, I was wondering how this can be realised with Ruby?

So, yes if you select the top faces - like in te animation- and copy-paste code snippets to Ruby console then hit Return…

Code
def keep_interior_faces_selected
  sel = Sketchup.active_model.selection
  faces =sel.grep(Sketchup::Face)
  bad_faces = faces.find_all{|f| f.loops.find{|l| !l.outer?} }
  sel.remove(bad_faces, sel.grep(Sketchup::Edge))
  sel.size
end
keep_interior_faces_selected

(Click on the picture if not animating)
selint

6 Likes

I can confirm that that works. Nice.

2 Likes

Thank you.
Another great way.

You can use the Toolbar Editor extension to assign button to snippets .

From Sketchucation: Toolbar editor

From Sketchup Extensions Store: Toolbar editor

2 Likes

Hi @dezmo . After using it for a while, I want to fix the script. Hope you support me. 2 script

See this SU file for ideas if you want to practice with native tools.

Opening multiple holes on multiple faces.skp (118.0 KB)

Thank you.

This way you will have to select each face of each object. (Hold shift + click)

It won’t be so fast

My objects will look like image “A”, including confusion. I think the “Rube console” in the above article will do. It needs a little fix.

No, if you read the text objects in my file you will see that it can be done very quickly:

1 - Window select of all the top faces of all objects. One operation.

2 - Press and hold SHIFT key. One operation.

3 - Double click once on the top of each object, not on each face, to deselect the top face outside of all the closed faces. The faces of all object remain selected. One operation per object or 3 operations for 3 objects.

4 - Delete. One operation.

The grand total for this example requires 6 operations.

1 Like

i have hundreds of objects, it is not possible to select each object manually

@jean_lemire_1

Of course, my method has limitation. For hundreds of objects, a plugin will be more appropriate.

2 Likes

@dezmo Are you here?

Yes. I’m here.

Hi. Hello. Nice to meet you again.
Please re-read my post above.

I did. Currently I’m on vacation and I have a limited access to my brain resources and to my laptop.
Therefore I could not (and do not want to) deal more complex task than read, and choose the right kind of beers. :beers:
:innocent: :peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Oh, have a nice holiday, I hope you’ll be back soon to assist me with this.

Thanks. Enjoy the beer.

1 Like

I don’t know about the selection question, but @thomthom may have ideas.

It looks like you have had problems setting up your Trimble ID. I resent the confirmation email.

You may need to do the Forgot Password step too.

1 Like

Does anyone know “Rube console”? I think the above problem is not too difficult for those who know about programming. I waited 2 weeks and no one helped

It looks that you’re not right with this statement. If it is really easy, then someone should give the solution already.

I’m terribly sorry I’m on vacation and can’t satisfy your desire. If I come back and find a solution I will let you know.

1 Like