Hide all texts from View menu

Was this feature request ever logged internally ?

1 Like

Fundamental feature - should not even merit a discussion. Most all 3D software has the ability to hide line work in render settings.

This helps:
Window>Model Info>“Text” or “Dimensions”
Play with settings.

Doesn’t edit text that is grouped though. Still lame.

Maybe Jim Foltz has it right, but I can’t find it in the styles settings. Perhaps in a newer version. Need to edit these settings in the working view in addition to the render.

As I showed in the solution (post 14) it can easily be added to the menu with a Ruby script.

As we said during this discussion (5 1/2 years ago,) it is not yet exposed to the Edit subpanel of the Styles inspector.

Not as of the 2022 release, but we can still hope, as the requester is now working on the SketchUp Team.

As mentioned above, create separate scene pages for your render and your work, and use a dedicated style for each scene. Go to the scene that you want Text off and switch off the Text display (per the solution above) and then update the scene page.

Apparently I do not need to upgrade my version then. Thank you.

Whatever, it may be, which we don’t know because your forum profile says “x”.
:man_shrugging:

Oooo the mysterious Mr X, I’ll be sleepless until I know.

Us being able to check your profile to see this information is for your benefit, it allows us to answer your questions as they relate to your specific setup.