Help with component creation & customization

I am president of a small engineering firm that specializes in the design of scaffolding, shoring and concrete formwork. We want to make the transition to Sketchup from AutoCAD and have a library of standard modular components that we need created before we can make the switch.

We will also need several extensions created that will allow us to design with these components so that we can hit the ground running.

If you are interested please contact me at ed@scaffengineering.com

Hi Ed,

I sent you an email and private message.

–Tom

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You might also have a look at my Dynamic Components on the 3D Warehouse for Scaffold clamps and Scaffold tube clamps. Use them in connection with either the PipeAlongPath or Eneroth’s Pipe plugin.

I edited the PipeAlongPath plugin code to default the pipe size to standard scaffold pole size - 1.9" D in the UK.

They would need some more work, and perhaps the additon of some Ruby coding to make them slicker in use, but they might at least save you having to draw the components. They are low poly designs, using 8-sided circles or matching arcs for scaffold poles and the clamps themselves, but look fine when used in a structure.