Has anyone been able to run SketchUP 2021 on Parallels/Windows 10 on an M1 Mac?

I would be extremely grateful to anyone who could try this for me.

I’m considering making our next office machine an M1 Mac Mini - but would like to confirm if this is a quirk with my macbook pro or a general issue with parallels.

Thanks in advance! If you manage to catch this in the next 5 days I’ve added wetransfer link too:
https://we.tl/t-CM3yXnlCFh

Yes, I can confirm SketchUp 2022 works fine under Parallels 17-Windows 11 arm, on MacMini M1.

Not a Mac user but just out of curiosity, why would anyone use parallels to run a SketchUp Windows version on Mac instead of the Mac version?
Only reason I can think of is to be able to use Windows only extensions.

To check extensions developpement on different platform, for one thing. And teaching.

1 Like

Another reason is to verify that the extensions I write work correctly on both platforms. Sometimes there are minor differences required.

1 Like

A note for using SketchUp in Parallels 17, Windows 11 with M1 Mac: be very careful about where you’re opening the .skp file from.

If a .skp file that you’re opening is actually saved on the mac side, you need to be 100% sure you’re opening it through the mapped Z:/ drive.

In your parallels Configuration for the VM, under Options>Sharing>Share Mac, have the following settings:
Share folders: Home folder only
Uncheck “Share Mac user folders with Windows”
Check “Map Mac volumes to windows”
(Not sure is checking “share cloud folders to windows” matters, I don’t use my cloud folders on windows so I wouldn’t know)

This will map your mac home folders to the Z drive in your windows machine, and you must open files through the Z drive link.

I had a lingering saved network link to //home…etc. and that bugsplatted every time. Opening the same file through Z/ works fine.

So far on M1 I have been dragging test files to the Windows 11 desktop, so hadn’t seen any problems. With Intel Mac I do directly access the Mac Downloads folder, and that’s working ok.