Hardware Issue

I am having a “Hardware acceleration is unsupported or has been disabled on your graphics card.”

Can anyone give me a step by step way to fix this please? I’m about to request a refund. This is terrible.

Thanks!

Your profile is incomplete. There is no graphics card named hp. Give us more to work on.

I understand that it is a brand new computer. Even the current integrated graphics chips ought to run SketchUp, at least “sort of”.

First thing to try is to update graphics drivers (both for integrated and the possible discrete adapters). If it is a new HP computer you can start from the HP support pages for your model. If those don’t work you can go directly to the graphics chip and/or adapter chipset manufacturer’s webpage and get the latest drivers from there. Using HP supplied drivers might be a good idea while your computer is under warranty.

If you have discrete graphics (from Nvidia or AMD) you should check in its control panel 3D application settings that SketchUp is set to use it instead of a possible integrated video chip.

If you are using an external monitor connected through a laptop “dock” you might try connecting its cable directly to your computer, or running SketchUp on your laptop display. If this works, try updating the firmware of the dock and your computer, and the drivers (possibly Thunderbolt) in your computer.