I am playing with .dae file import and encountered the issue as in the following test scenario:
- In a new SU file, I create two cubes and make each of them a group.
- I export the 3D model to a .dae file.
- I re-import the .dae file to a new SU file.
- The imported cubes appear closed in a common container so that they move together, preserving their relative position. I can apply ‘Edit Component’ or ‘Explode’ to the container.
- After ‘Explode’ executed on the container, the cubes are no longer groups, but collections of separate faces and edges.
Is there a way to avoid this ungrouping? In other words, is there a way to:
a. keep the group definitions in .dae files?
b. make SU maintain those definitions when importing?
Thank you in advance for any help.