GPU Question

I’m considering a new Dell XPS system that has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6GB GDDR6 GPU and I would want to run two new 27" 2560x1440 monitors and at least one existing 24" 1920x1200 monitor.

Do you think this GPU is ok for this setup?

I’m currently running two 24" 1920x1200 monitors and one 22" 1680x1050 monitor off a 5 year old XPS system with a Radeon R9 270.

Nvidia.com says that it can handle up to 7680x4320 @ 120Hz. So does that mean it can go up to that max amount across all screens? I have no idea. If I add up what you want it comes to 7040 (2560+2560+1920) wide. Not sure if this is how that works.

That’s what I thought, but I was just concerned that it might be a little underpowered for running SU and LO and 3 monitors…?

I don’t do any rendering. I might have up to 3 SU models and LO open at the same time.

The suggestion on may posts related to SU/LO problems will usually involve queries about the OP’s GPU

In general, GPU’s that are in .5’’ thick laptops can never weigh up to the GPU’s that are housed in desktops, simply because they can not be cooled fast enough.
If you ‘overload’ systems, they protect themselves and just shut themselves down.

Most of the time, you’ll be fine. But if you have heavy duty render tasks (VR-high poly models) while multitasking on all screens temperature will rise fast.
Try not to place flat on your desk and ceep it cool

http://www.deepcool.com/ProductPic/ProductPic/NewPic/E-MOVE/E-MOVE_01.jpg

Did he mention a laptop? I assumed he meant the XPS desktop.

1 Like

Yep.

XPS desktop

Ii then stand corrected! :smiley:

I know you are asking about GPU but remember that CPU is relevant too and faster clock speed outweighs more cores.

2 Likes

Current or last gen i7 and you’re fine. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.