Glitch in Layout exporting PDF

My LO file has inputs from from 8 different SU models. One of them has only one scene, now labeled Scene 2. Somehow that viewport has gotten applied to about 6 or 8 other LO pages, How the heck can I have done that? Or is this a software glitch?

Question: Ought I to download a fresh copy of SU Pro, in case there is some lethal glitch in my current copy?

Re: my mis-use of ‘last saved S view’ vs the correct scene.
In the past I have occasionally gone from LO back to my SU model, zoomed in from the scene, made changes, clicked save and failed to click on the scene tab. Then when I went to LO, the view was all messed up. But all I had to do was click on the viewport and select the proper scene.
This time, however, when I apparently made changes in SU and saved without clicking the scene tab, when I went to LO the viewport was seemingly OK. Then it all went to hell, and 6 pages of 24 in LO got assigned only two options: last saved SU view or Scene 2.

I don’t think you have a “lethal glitch” in the software. If it makes you feel better you can download and install SU/LO 2017 again but it’s not going to fix incorrect workflow. It would be a good idea to update to SketchUp and LayOut 2021 because of some added features but I’m guessing the fact you are still using 2017 indicates you have no interest in updating.

Thanks Dave R.

sorry to hear about your travails, and I do not have a solution for you either.
what I do work hard at though in SU and the other programs I am using for work, is that twice a day, I save out my project file to an external hard drive as well as retaining Saves every 10 mins odd / less / more, to the machine dual drives.
When something like your unfortunate issue happens, you have a number of options to save your situation at least to a high degree.
For sure, it does not matter what programs we use to do our work, crashes happen, files can get corrupted, machines fail, we can forget stuff especially when under pressure, so a habit that increases file damage limitation is really valuable for us.
I hope you are able to find a useful solution for your problem.