[FYI] Direct save to a local thumbdrive may not release drive until Chrome is closed

FYI: Direct save to a local thumbdrive will not release drive until Chrome is closed

This is likely something to do with Chromeium and per se NOT a SketchUp for Web issue.

If I save a model directly to a local USB thumbdrive, I cannot “Eject the drive” whilst ANY instances of Chrome are open (not just the one that has SketchUp for Web running.)

Windows 7 SP1 x64
Google Chrome 68.0.3440.84 (Official Build) x64

This is also a very old SanDisk Cruzer Micro, 256MB stick which I’ve noticed does not work as well as newer higher capacity flash drives do. It’s light does not go out after having been “ejected” as others do.

(Think I’ll reward myself for recent hard work and get a new high capacity flash drive.)

More than likely the workaround will be, save to local harddrive then afterward copy to the thumbdrive.

Should topic threads stay open or be closed after 90 days?

Regarding the light going out I think it depends on the OS, not the drive, but I could be wrong. Back when I was a kid my drives always went dark when disconnecting, today they never do.

This same old thumbdrive, on two machines.

Win 7 SP1 : The light never goes out after ejecting and I get the “Safe to unplug removable drive” message.

Win 8.1 : The light always goes out after ejecting and I get the “Safe to unplug removable drive” message.

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.