Future of Sketchup (including Pro) in 2021-2022

Certainly was described in the “Gold book” of God of 3D design software (Blender) … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think it is more than 0.8. How do I know? My brother has already talked to someone who has seen someone who has read something about how good it is to eat grapes with bread… :innocent:

1 Like

I think that years ago a figure was quoted in these forums or their predecessor that was significantly bigger. When users of various free versions are counted, I understand that SketchUp has by far the largest userbase of all 3D modelling applications.

1 Like

Wondering how many languages would need to be inter-translated to work out a Co Op.
As Sonder says - piece of cake!

I haven’t heard specifics on product, but at the 2012 Basecamp I remember them stating 30,000,000 downloads.

I think the base of paid users may be larger than you realize.

Did you invent this yourself? What is meant by CAD Market?
Everyone knows that AutoCad would beat SolidWorks something like 10x if seats sold are considered.

3 Likes

Source of this diagramm is … ??? Posting a picture without detail where it came from is in MVHO worthless…

1 Like

Revit doesn’t even make a showing? I think this may be for the CNC industry and not the building industry.

There are many firms that use a program like SU or Rhino for design and ACAD or Revit for production.

3 Likes

Trying my hardest to listen and follow along, but I am really having a hard time when people post nonsense or false numbers as is happening here. I do not have access to numbers, but I do not think that the percentage of CNC users from 5 years ago is a fair look into the current CAD market.

I would ask everyone to think about things like this wherever you see it (not just SketchUp, but “facts” that are thrown out onto public platforms). There are users posting in this topic who have been warned and suspended previously for posting misinformation in the past.

9 Likes

“Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.” -Abraham Lincoln

10 Likes

" “Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.”
-Abraham Lincoln "
-Endlessfix

7 Likes

Winston Churchill Quote: “ The only statistics you can trust are those you falsified yourself.

Source: https://www.cnccookbook.com/cnccookbook-2021-cad-survey-market-share-customer-satisfaction/
Who is blender…

1 Like

I do think this is specific to the CNC industry. The construction industry which is far larger would be more telling where you would see ACAD and Revit at the top spots. Good showing for SketchUp though.

2 Likes

Some of the reactions here remind me of that monk that tried to do an undisturbed meditation by taking a rowboat into the middle of a lake…

While in the midst of his deep meditation, he got disturb by a drifting log or other boat and without opening his eyes, he’s prepping up to yell and raise fury to the one that’s disturbing his peace.

Only to realise upon opening his eyes that this fury and rage must have resided within himself all the time.

Where else should it come from?

1 Like

Did… did you just call me a row boat?

3 Likes

Log, I called you a log😂

2 Likes

ok… that I can accept

3 Likes

Shots fired?

So… the point is that this survey info has very little impact on what is being discussed.

If you are willing to follow the link and read the article, you will find that this info is a result of a survey filled out by CNC Cookbook member/subscriber/readers. the percentages are taken from a small cross section of a specific set of users interested in CAD for fabrication. Thus the extremely high numbers attached to Fusion360 and Solidworks.

4 Likes