Freehand drawing with tablet pen - Surface Pro 4

Or a badly timed engine.

…or just one that prefers to move with a little shuffle.

Glad I’m not the only one using pen and tablet! It is so much faster than a mouse, especially with multiple large monitors. It’s also much less fatigue on the wrist.

2 Likes

I was starting to have some carpel tunnel issues perhaps in the late '80’s early '90’s, and when I got my first Wacom tablet in 1993, that was one of the reasons. It did make a difference.

Funny thing I remember: being that early after my transition from hand drafting, the old habit of spinning my pencil while drawing a line was hard to break when using the Wacom pen. Eventually I got over it.

1 Like

Ha ha! Same here. In earlier versions of SU, it would recognize the eraser side of the pen automatically. That ended in 2015 though:(.

1 Like

surface pro come with a stylus that you can use it for drawing , but it has less pressure senstivity , to be professional you can get a drawing tablet with screen ,such as wacom cintiq or xp-pen artist series .

sketchup is A relatively light 3D modelling program, I have used a XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro drawing Tablet with screen before and liked it . I do a lot of work with sketchup and also enjoy drawing on photoshop.

With the XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro you can draw directly on the screen. It can detect more, and get more detail. the pen has great pressure sensitivity, the colors are perfect and you can draw everywhere!