Fredo Corner Plugin Problem [MAC]

can you copy paste the text rather than a screen grab…

use the <\> button to format it before posting…

john

1 Like

The installation of LibFredo6 went wrong for whatever reason. Some ruby files did not load, or are missing. So, you must have problems with my other extensions if you have any of them installed.

I would suggest you go to your Plugin Directory and delete the Fredo6_!LibFredo6 folder and Fredo6_!LibFredo6.rb file, and resinstall a fresh copy from the Sketchucation plugin page.

(so this is a long running issue…)
As suggested, I deleted both LibFredo6 and RoundCorner from the Extension Manager within SketchUp. I also deleted them from my HardDrive.
I re-downloaded them and reinstalled into SketchUp. I then closed out of SketchUp and restarted my computer. When I reopened SketchUp the new RoundCorner toolbar was visible.
…However, the same issue has happened; when I select the edges of a box and choose any one of the edge buttons - Nothing Happens.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong. I have watched many tutorials on this and I seem to be doing everything correctly. The extension looks pretty cool, I wish I could get it working.
Thanks.

Recap:
I have a licensed SketchUp Pro 19 on a MacBook Pro running the latest OS_Catalina 10.15.3

Please run RoundCorner with the Ruby Console open.
Report any errors from the Console…

Not sure if I did that properly, but this is what popped up on my Mac Terminal (see attached)

@TIG meant SketchUp’s Ruby console window, but that message is interesting. Not clear whether it came from SketchUp or from macOS.

Edit: on a closer look I see it is from irb, the interactive Ruby. You shouldn’t be running anything related to SketchUp in irb.

Edit #2: To further clarify now that I am at my computer not my phone, we mean you should open the SketchUp Ruby Console (Window->Ruby Console in SketchUp) before doing anything with Fredo Corner and then report here any messages it shows.

The message from irb is Apple warning us that they don’t see much value in Ruby and don’t plan to include it in future versions of macOS. Those who still want it can always get any version (past or current) using rvm - the Ruby Version Manager.

Got it… I ran RoundCorner with the Ruby Console window opened.
See the attached screenshot and let me know your thoughts…
Thanks.
-Chet

@Fredo6 your interpretation?

Do you have the latest version of the LibFredo installed ?

1 Like

While checking back in to see if this had been resolved, I noticed that the paths in the error messages you shared are all lower case. Normally most of the folders in those paths would be capitalized - e.g. /Users, Library, Application Support, SketchUp 2019, etc. Are you using a case-sensitive filesystem?

Edit: If Fredo6 doesn’t respond here, you should take your question over to SketchUcation, which is where Fredo officially supports his extensions.

The first thing to check is whether you have a menu Window > LibFredo6 Settings….

If not, then there is a problem of installation of LibFredo6, which indeed makes all my plugins fail.

Yes, both the latest version of RoundCorner and LibFredo. (Attached is a screenshot of my Extension Manager window).

Thanks. I checked that and I do have that drop down… I also have the Fredo6 Collection>RoundCorner accessible under the Tools dropdown tab…

hhhmmm… I honestly don’t know if it is a case-sensitive. That is above my pay-grade. (haha, I should educate myself in that more).
I’ll shoot this inquiry over to SketchUcation as suggested.

Could you try to invoke the menu “Check Plugins for Update”, leaving the Ruby console open, to check if there are error messages.

There is an easy way of testing:
Save a file, name it ‘Test’ and save it on your desktop.

Start a new file and try saving it with the name ‘test’
If you succeed, it’s case-sensative

2 Likes

just tried that and it seems it IS case-sensitive.
…So what does that mean regarding the Ruby Console and is there a work-around…?

Bummer!

It will involve some technical skills… Perhaps your MAC dealer can fix it for you ??

1 Like

By way of background, when you configure a disk on macOS, the default is case insensitive but there is an option to choose case sensitive. Some IT folks choose that option because UNIX systems are usually case sensitive. But that can cause issues on macOS because many apps assume case insensitive and can’t find files.