FlightPath plugin not transitioning scenes at expected rate

Greetings SU users. This is my first posting here on the forum.
Hoping to get some help with animation walk thru and the FlighPath plugin.
I loaded it from the Smustard site, author Rick Wilson. It looks to be a help in creating a cleaner walkthrough then the manual camera views and add new scene method I currently use. His FlightPath2 plugin appears to be even more feature rich, which I would like to use if I can get past the issue I have with the free FlightPath.
I did the following:

1. Defined a polyline for my path, moving it up to 60" above the floor, 

2. Selected the path then selected Flightpath and entered 10 for the Flythrough Rate per ft. and No for reverse path

3. Flightpath then added scenes 7-14 into the model. Scenes 1-6 were previously defined with native tools.

4. From the Model Info-> Animation Window I Enable Scene Transitions and set to 4 seconds, no Slide Delay.

5. I export the animation to an mp4

OK. Here is the problem. When I view the animation, scenes that were added with the native tool transition at the defined 4 second rate but the scenes that were created by FlightPath run very fast, about 1 second per scene, regardless of what the defined scene transition setting is. Even increases to the scene transition up to 10 seconds have no effect to the FlightPath scenes.
Am I doing something fundamentally wrong in my use of this plugin ?
I would expect all scenes to transition at the same rate defined by the model info>animation setting.
I welcome suggestions.

Zaz1

I would have to guess that it would make more sense to set the scene transition time from the default 1 sec, to your custom 4 secs, before creating the Flightpath scenes. (It is obvious the ModelInfo Scene settings are only read once by Flightpath, at the beginning of the scene creation loop.)

So, delete scenes 7-14, and re-run Flightpath.

Received some feedback from the Smustard team. Looks like the scene transition times in the Flightpath plugin are set by the flythru rate (ft/sec) and the length of the distance in the polyline segment for the scene. By changing the flyrate from 10ft to 2 ft I was able to get satisfactory results. There is also a seperate plugin called PageUtilities2 to modify the scene transition times.

··· On Monday, March 14, 2016 12:09 AM, Dan Rathbun wrote:

|
| | DanRathbun Tech Support
March 14 |

|
| I would have to guess that it would make more sense to set the scene transition time from the default 1 sec, to your custom 4 secs, before creating the Flightpath scenes. (It is obvious the ModelInfo Scene settings are only read once by Flightpath, at the beginning of the scene creation loop.)So, delete scenes 7-14, and re-run Flightpath. |

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond
Previous Replies

|
| | zaz1
March 13 |

|
| Greetings SU users. This is my first posting here on the forum.
Hoping to get some help with animation walk thru and the FlighPath plugin.
I loaded it from the Smustard site, author Rick Wilson. It looks to be a help in creating a cleaner walkthrough then the manual camera views and add new scene method I currently use. His FlightPath2 plugin appears to be even more feature rich, which I would like to use if I can get past the issue I have with the free FlightPath.
I did the following:

1. Defined a polyline for my path, moving it up to 60" above the floor,
  2. Selected the path then selected Flightpath and entered 10 for the Flythrough Rate per ft. and No for reverse path
  3. Flightpath then added scenes 7-14 into the model. Scenes 1-6 were previously defined with native tools.
  4. From the Model Info-> Animation Window I Enable Scene Transitions and set to 4 seconds, no Slide Delay.
  5. I export the ani mation to an mp4OK. Here is the problem. When I view the animation, scenes that were added with the native tool transition at the defined 4 second rate but the scenes that were created by FlightPath run very fast, about 1 second per scene, regardless of what the defined scene transition setting is. Even increases to the scene transition up to 10 seconds have no effect to the FlightPath scenes.
    Am I doing something fundamentally wrong in my use of this plugin ?
    I would expect all scenes to transition at the same rate defined by the model info>animation setting.
    I welcome suggestions.Zaz1 |

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond To stop receiving notifications for this particular topic, click here. To unsubscribe from these emails, change your user preferences

1 Like