First time user, can't load file I worked on for 3 hours

I just started using Sketchup today. It was going really well, had a great model of my basement outlined and ready to begin introducing modifications for potential remodel ideas. I had saved many times and even changed the filename 3 times as I progessed to different levels. Then sketchup froze and died. I tried logging back on and now I cannot see any of the work I did before. It takes me straight to the initial tutorial.

How can I find the files I worked on previously? Sounds like a simple problem, but it is not. been trying everything for an hour now.

Please help.

thanks

Hi There

Click the menu icon with 3 bars in the upper left of the screen, then click on Trimble Connect to see files you saved.

Hope this helps!
~Bryce

Thanks for the reply. I already tried that, no joy. I have clicked an everything that can be clicked.

I think it may be how I launch sketchup. How do I ensure it knows it is me - the same me that opened an account on trimble this morning? If shows my name, says I am logged on so it would seem that it is the same account, but no files show up when I click on “open”. I know there were file names getting saved somewhere because I saved three different filenames and when I was in the save dialog, I could see the previous ones.

any ideas would be most appreciated.

thanks!

What do you see in the projects hierarchy UI? Check out my screen shot, where it reads “Projects > SketchUp Web Files”. What do yo see there?

Also where are you located? You might be seeing the projects load slowly due to being far away from Connect’s servers.

Thanks. Rooted around enough using your advice and find it. Thanks!

Get Yahoo Mail for Mobile

Bryceosaurus SketchUp Team Member
March 5 |

What do you see in the projects hierarchy UI? Check out my screen shot, where it reads “Projects > SketchUp Web Files”. What do yo see there?

Also where are you located? You might be seeing the projects load slowly due to being far away from Connect’s servers.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

knj_bennett
March 2 |

Thanks for the reply. I already tried that, no joy. I have clicked an everything that can be clicked. I think it may be how I launch sketchup. How do I ensure it knows it is me - the same me that opened an account on trimble this morning? If shows my name, says I am logged on so it would seem that …
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

It’s possible that you may have been signed out. To see your sign in details click the menu icon with 3 bars then click on account. Note that if you are not yet signed in, the app will ask you to sign in before you can open the menu.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.