Find and select "hybrid" line quality?

When I first started using Make (yesterday) I saw options for line weight and characteristics, and also selected a Template. After beginning a drawing I decided to change from Raster to Hybrid. I switched to LayOut. A window opens on the right that includes those options (and stays open when resuming the drawing), but the options are grayed out and don’t operate. I’ve deleted the practice drawing. Must I dump the software and install again, to get a fresh try ?

Not at all.
Just jump in a time machine back to yesterday and start again.

I don’t think you did this in SketchUp but in Layout already. Have you tried SketchUp itself and started drawing there?

1 Like

Heh heh – thanks, Box. Cotty, I tried both – I think. What is the way to open that dialog box in SU ? Can you think of a reason why it would open but not be available ?

While I have you – I haven’t yet mastered drawing a line; often when I release, the line continues to draw. What am I not doing ?

There’s no way because there no such dialog.

You’re not watching the most basic video tutorials? You can start here e.g.:
http://www.sketchup.com/learn/videos/58?playlist=58

Thanks – I’ll watch it again. One more question: Can I convert a raster drawing – sorry, model – to vector when it’s complete ?

Raster, Vector and Hybrid are rendering methods that apply to SketchUp model viewports that have been placed on a LayOut (part of the SketchUp Pro package) page.

In SketchUp it has no relevance. What you see on your screen is necessarily rasterized by your graphics card, but a SketchUp model consists of 3D vector geometry. As to output to file or paper, SketchUp Pro supports 2D output to the PDF and DWG formats, whereas the only vector output format available to SketchUp Make is exporting tghe 3D model in the Collada format.

A 2D vector output from SketchUp Mqke is possible by using a PDF printer driver, with the “Use high-accuracy HLR” option enabled.

Anssi

1 Like

Anssi, thank you. I appreciate your comprehensive explanation and suggestions. (I’m sure these amateur questions must get old pretty fast . . . !)

Steve