Face will not close

My several attempts to create a roof with the ‘line’ and ‘rectangle’ tool has failed. I have watched the YouTube videos addressing this issue, but can’t seem to zero in what I am doing wrong. I prefer to fix it myself so I’m really just looking for input.
Best,
Danielle

Final_001-3.skp (7.2 MB)

Group the walls first. Then use the Rectangle tool and drag out a rectangle between diagonally opposed corners.

If you spend some time at The Learning Center, you will learn how to use the tools to get what you want. (interactive tutorials) Also, go to The SketchUp YouTube Channel and pay attention to the Square One series. Both are sponsored by the SketchUp Crew and well worth the time spent there.

Dave,
That did it!! Thank you! I will spend more time in the Learning Lab. Some of my issues is likely a direct result of me missing an important step.
Thank you
Danielle

1 Like

You should probably close all ceilings first. Then you can build the roof with some thickness and place it over that model. Is it a flat roof or a pitched roof?

Two comments about the stairs. Your stairs are sticking out of the wall. in the figure it is the opposite. Two - are missing steps to the ceiling level.

Thank you, Jean. For now, it is a flat roof. This is an interior design assignment that has become quite challenging to say the least.
Best,
Danielle