Extension has automatically been removed - cause "Outdated Signature"

Hello there,

Yesterday evening, I saw my tt_solid_inspector2 extension disappear from my toolbar and when looking after in the extension manager, this is the message I get:

Is something wrong with my computer?

Roger

You can still have an unsigned extension load, which it looks like you have.

Look under the Home menu in the Extension Manager. Is the extension enabled?

R-click in the toolbar region of the SU workspace. Is Solid Inspector2 still listed?

Is it still listed under the Tools menu?

What loading policy do you have set? If it is “unrestricted”, extensions will load even if unsigned.

The outdated signature is simply because @tt_su hasn’t updated the signature yet. It often takes a while after release of a new version of SketchUp before all authors re-sign their extensions.

Look under the Home menu in the Extension Manager.

Is the extension enabled? No

R-click in the toolbar region of the SU workspace. Is Solid Inspector2 still listed? No

Is it still listed under the Tools menu? No

Were you able to enable it from the Home menu?

In the upper right corner of the Extension Manager, click on the gear to show your extension permissions. Can you choose a less restrictive loading policy and regain access to the extension?

1 Like

This.

The only reason an extension will not load due to out of date or missing signature is if the Loading Policy is set to a restrictive setting.

If your settings are set to “Unrestricted” and it still doesn’t show up, then it’s something else going on.

Thanks Thomthom,

You were right.

I set to “unrestricted” and now, it works fine.

BTW, thanks a lot for this very usefull tool (solid inspector) :wink:

Have a nice day.

Roger

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.