Export to 3D DWG crashing

Hello -

I have a +/- 100MB file that I’m trying to export to 3D DWG. It crashes almost instantly when I try.

I have purged the model (model info / statistics / purge unused).

I also tried exploding all components and groups. Still doesn’t work.

Reading through several solutions that I found posted to the Sketchup User Forum offered no solutions.

I can export other, less complicated models with no problems. Here’s my setup:

MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2017 / macOS Sierra 10.12.6
Sketchup Pro 2018 (Version 18.0.16976)

Any thoughts?

Thanks -

Doug

what extensions do you have installed…

john

Hi, John -

Thanks for responding. I don’t know how to list all installed extensions, but I’ve attached a couple of screen captures from my Extensions Manager. I use quite a few…

Photo Textures shouldn’t be in v18, did you copy paste it into v18?

any chance the file has ‘old’ photo textures…

john

Hi, John -

I don’t think I copy / pasted it, but perhaps I did. The model was started several years ago and could have old photo textures, I suppose.

Any danger in deleting the Photo Textures extension?

…and do you think there’s a chance that the Export 3D DWG would work if I disabled all non-Sketchup extensions first?

you can re-name your ‘Plugins’ folder, restart and try…

john

John -

I tried renaming the folder (removing all non-default plugins) and it didn’t fix the problem.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again for your help!

Doug

Could you upload the file to the 3D warehouse, or a file sharing service like Dropbox? Then someone else could see if they too have problems exporting it to DWG. Unless you can’t make it public?

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.