Exploded Views Not Working As Before Upgrade

@ScottinTexas Let’s clarify what is not clearly stated!

1. You always work on the default tag (Untagged is current), but other tags are only used to assign them to finished elements. Is that correct?
  2. You design some detail (drawer, for example) and group it, but don’t tag it. Then design the next detail and so on. Is that correct?
  3. Once all the details have been designed, you select all the groups and create another group from them. This last group you associate with a different tag. Is that correct?
  4. You then create the next and next collection item in the same way until the entire collection is ready. Is that correct?
  5. When you need to show each detail separately for any of the created collection items, you just copy this item and Explode it. Is that correct?

What have I missed?

By the way, did I understand correctly from the context of the conversation that you would only make groups, not components?

And let’s not forget the problem with which this topic began.

I have answered this before, but I still do not know whether this has been an appropriate explanation for the situation.

The OP was referring to ‘Exploded View’, not Explode command.

I do not take it so clearly. Also, I don’t see an explanation for the underlying problem of this topic unless it’s related to the Explode command. It is possible that the author has omitted or inaccurately described something in his story.

I understood what the OP was doing and asking and it seems he’s sorted out now. Sounds like finished business to me.

1 Like