Existing NearMap Customer - Can I link my account

Subject says it all - is there a way to link my existing NearMap sub so I don’t have to pay twice but can still get georeferenced images into Skp? Am I overcomplicating this? Is there an easier way?

1 Like

If you mean that you have a conventional Nearmap subscription, assigning that to a different email address is something you would ask them. See this help page of theirs:

https://docs.nearmap.com/display/ND/Edit+Contact+Details

If you’re not a Nearmap subscriber, and are only talking about Nearmap purchases you made from the Add Location window, you only get to download those once. For the download to be available you need to be signed into SketchUp with the same email address that you were signed in as at the time you bought the tiles.

You can’t come back later and download a second time, an email change would only affect future purchases. That may be different if you have a regular Nearmap subscription, I’m not sure.

There is no tie-in between the two. Being a direct Nearmap subscriber doesn’t mean you can get more tiles for free while using the Add Location window.

The Marketing for the latest and greatest sketchup fails to mention PAYING for Geolocation. I am in the same boat I pay more than 4000 for my “Normal” NearMap account and then find Trimble want to rip me off for something that was included prior to Subscription ! Trimble should not be “proud” as they say in the marketing ! It is false advertising to spruke and improvement such as NearMap without mentioning the extra cost !

Are you satisfied with the responses from Trimble ?? I am in the same situation as you and was surprised that the “new Improved” geolocation means Extra cost even if like you i have a nearmap separate account
Tom in Australia

Here are a couple of articles from Nearmap, about how to use the images you get with your subscription inside SketchUp (was written 7 years ago, but the steps should work):

https://docs.nearmap.com/display/NUB/2020/03/02/Nearmap+and+Sketchup

They talk about geolocating and importing the FBX or OBJ data, to get terrain, but you could use the existing Digital Globe add location to get location, low resolution images, and terrain. Then bring in the Nearmap images and align and scale them to match the Digital Globe images, then hide or delete the DG images.