Esc key functionality

Belated thanks for this clarification, which works perfectly, apparently on any Mac or any sofa–even mine. The fact that Ctrl-Cmd is on the left side of the MacBook keyboard, thus necessitating a modified cross hand technique for those with debilitated right hand mousing is not SU’s fault. But it does suggest that to inexpert pianists the three button advantage is as obvious and desirable as it is in suits. Not that I mean to recommend any other type of suit…

However… Call me obstinate, but I don’t see why the Esc key shouldn’t function in LO as it does in SU. (Like a bunch of other things, such as the Opt key in copying, as previously noted).

By the way, has this topic now been moved to LO technical issues? I’m still finding my way around this forum.

1 Like

It has now, as a category for LayOut Technical Problems was just created.

You can program your wireless Mac Magic Mouse to work like a three button mouse using a download called “MagicPrefs”. It works sort of OK, but it is still balky on the Pan/Orbit/Zoom thing using the center click, so I switch to a three button mouse for SU and LO. A SU Perfect Zen Master friend uses a trackball and swears by it. Trying to use a trackpad to run SU is a non-starter. I find the Logitech mice are too big for my stumpy fat little fingers, so i use a smaller Vaio mouse that works quite well.