Errror Installing SU 2018

My PC wont allow SU 2018 installation, I have no clue why. I don’t receive any error code alerting me to the issue. Anyone else experiencing this?

How are you going about trying to install it? What steps, exactly? How do you know it’s not installing since you aren’t getting any messages?

download setup to desktop, right-click installer and “Run as Admin”.

And ensure to use the latest AMD FirePro graphics card driver version.

I’m getting a message, however no error code is given.02

I’ll repeat:

STEP 1: DOWNLOAD FILE FROM WEBSITE
STEP 2: SAVE FILE TO DESKTOP
STEP 3: RIGHT CLICK FILE AND RUN AS ADMIN

No step 4 because I get the ended premature message shown.

You may try to open the EXE of the SketchUp setup routine with a ZIP archiver program (or rename to …EXE.ZIP) and rip the SU 2018 core installation file “SketchUp2018-x64.msi” to e.g. the Windows desktop, launch the MSI by “r-click > Run as Admin” again.

Don’t see file name extensions as mentioned above? Enable them in the Windows Explorer folder options.

Thanks sketch3d
I was having a similar problem. Installing SU Pro 2018 on a 64bit windows 10 professional OS. Tried downloading 3 different times. Each attempt to run (as Admin or not) the install file would give me an extracting progress bar but then nothing.

Per your suggestion I used 7-zip to extract and ran the .msi file. Installed fine from there. Just posting to confirm that this works for anyone else having this problem.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.