Error While loading sqlite3 in ruby

Hi Greg.,
I was out for few days, not able to reply. Apologize.

  1. My Goal to learn how to create a database with fields in different table , access the created database->Table-> Field, write the values or store the parameters of the dynamic components, query and retrieve the values from database based on the requirement from sketchup using ruby Console.
    .

I got the output as u had mentioned in the console.
“Successfully installed sqlite3-1.4.0.mspgreg-x64-mingw32
1 gem installed”
Hope will work… Will try and let u know… Meanwhile i am using SU 2017

yes it shows the gem name in the console.

Hi @MSP_Greg, the appveyor link is not available anymore. How can we reach the “sqlite3-1.4.0.mspgreg-x64-mingw32.gem” file?

Thank you.

@agonzalezesteve

Yes, the AppVeyor artifacts are deleted after some months.

It might have to wait for the weekend. I can’t recall how I built it, but the system I wrote to do so broke when Ruby decided to skip over 2.8 and 2.9. I haven’t looked at it for while.

I’ve always thought Trimble/SU should consider some way of hosting a few ‘pre-compiled’ gems commonly used in SU. Things like SQLite3 & Nokogiri come to mind. Not sure about any others, maybe some image processing gems?

No support provided, as long as they work. Most of the common gems are relatively stable, so versions could probably stay the same for a while.

If one absolutely has to have the latest/greatest version, they can build their own.

Ok @MSP_Greg, that would be great!

It happens the same with rbclipper, but we achieved compiling it and requiring the .so file.

The problem is that we use some SketchUp plugins that need sqlite3 and it’s code is encrypted.

hi.,

please check out this link!. is this the one your are looking for!

It didn’t work for me, the Ruby Console still says that “cannot load such file”.

@agonzalezesteve

I found the original file, and it’s at:

https://github.com/MSP-Greg/SUMisc/releases/download/sqlite3-mingw-1/sqlite3-1.4.0.mspgreg-x64-mingw32.gem

I may do a build with 1.4.2, which is the current gem version.

Thank you @MSP_Greg, it worked!