Error message new windows 11 machine

Upgraded to a new windows 11 pc, Installed Sketchup and my favourite extensions. Every time I start up I get this error message ?
Eddy

Error Loading File C:/Users/eddy_/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/main.rb
Error: #<Fiddle::DLError: can't load C:/Users/eddy_/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/lib/NewtonServer3.dll>
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/Tools/RubyStdLib/fiddle/import.rb:85:in `rescue in block in dlload'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/Tools/RubyStdLib/fiddle/import.rb:82:in `block in dlload'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/Tools/RubyStdLib/fiddle/import.rb:73:in `collect'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/Tools/RubyStdLib/fiddle/import.rb:73:in `dlload'
C:/Users/eddy_/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/newton.rb:100:in `<module:NewtonServer>'
C:/Users/eddy_/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/newton.rb:94:in `<top (required)>'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require'
C:/Users/eddy_/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/main.rb:25:in `<top (required)>'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `require'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `load'
C:/Users/eddy_/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchyPhysics.rb:433:in `register_extension'
C:/Users/eddy_/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchyPhysics.rb:433:in `<module:MSketchyPhysics3>'
C:/Users/eddy_/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchyPhysics.rb:415:in `<top (required)>'

So a problem with Sketchy Physics. According to this Sketchy Physics thread, the extension is a 32-bit only extension. Perhaps that has something to do with it? Maybe contact the extension author and ask if they will be updating it. Otherwise I expect you’ll need to roll back the OS.

I might be wrong, but I vaguely remember that SketchyPhysics doesn’t work with SketchUp 2017. The newest version it works with might be 2015.

Any version of SketchUp is currently not supported on Windows 11. That doesn’t say that it won’t work, but one had better be careful.

2 Likes

I can say that SketchUp runs just fine on Win 11

1 Like

This is all to do with Sketchy Physics which run fine. On the other hand, this is nothing new. Sketchy Physics hasn’t been supported for quite awhile.

1 Like

I just don’t remember seeing anyone say the same about Make 2017.

It might but of course SketchUp 2017 Make doesn’t support Windows 11 and I think it would be safe to say it never will. It might work but it might not.

2016 is the last version that worked with Sketchy physics. So whether or not 2017 works with Win 11 is moot.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick replys. Sketchy physics gone and all is good.
I had no choice with win 11 so lets hope my favourite programs get along.

Eddy