Error launching Sketchup Pro 2020: The Code execution cannot proceed

Sketchup Pro 2020, Windows 10
“Sketchup.exe - System Error The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.”
The same exact error comes up when I try to launch other apps installed on my computer.
I understand that I may need to try to re-install but my current .sks project files are saved to my sketchup program and not saved too the Trimble cloud.
Q: If I uninstall and re-install Sketchup Pro 2020 will I lose my project files?
Thank you. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated

Your project files with the extension .skp (not .sks) should not be saved within the program files unless you saved them there so reinstalling SketchUp won’t have any affect on those files. Make sure when you reinstall that you right click on the downloaded installer file and choose Run as administrator.

Before trying a reinstall of SketchUp, go to Add & Remove Programs, and look for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable. Click on it, as if you are going to uninstall it, but choose Modify. In the program that appears, choose the Repair option:

That may fix the issue.